Sarcasm (was: Re: [PD] Key triggers)

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu May 4 09:37:15 CEST 2006

On Wed, 3 May 2006, Charles Henry wrote:

> yes, that was pretty sarcastic... I think a sarcastic tutorial is a great idea.
> wait a minute...no one knows what I'm saying...what is this some kind of
> text based forum that can't encode inflections?

The problem is that such a message has several interpretations, it might
be
- insulting (to the one who asked the question)
- funny
- express shortcomings in how pd works
- explain how to look for objects
- ...

The list should be a place where questions can be asked without fearing
that someone makes fun of you in public, which was my interpretation of
the message.

Günter