[PD] PDDP meeting?

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Fri May 5 23:35:44 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-05-05 at 16:34 -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > that maybe the original intention of the Pd language isn't to be a
> fully
> > fledged programming language, but instead an artist's tool with some
> > dataflow programming-like features.

well, especially being an artistic tool, it shouldn't require the user
to learn 1001 workarounds for trivial problems, nor should the user have
to worry about obscure message vs. list problems ...

> I'm always talking about what Pd could become and all I get answered
> is
> what Pd was meant to be.

i'm not sure, if anyone can say, what pd is meant to be ... but matju is
right about one thing ... pd can't be improved, when everyone ignores
it's weaknesses ("you don't want to load soundfiles clickfree", "you
don't need to use tables on the x86_64 architecture") ...

TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can
leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape.
  William S. Burroughs