[PD] change to pd-ext

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Sat May 6 16:17:40 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am now changing from pd "normal" to pd "extended" (latest test3) on
windows, and wanted to report some things:

- /bin/pthreadVC.dll was missing - pd started anyway after complaining. I
copied the file from the previous installation and everything was fine.

- scale gem/maxlib clash (on a separate thread)

- I'm used to having a .bat file for different configurations of pd
(different sound cards, etc.), so I find the registry parameters not so
flexible - in pd you can only "officially" set 10 paths/libraries. I
deleted all variables from the registry, as I won't use them. Maybe a
handy feature would be not just a more flexible/dynamic tcl/tk menu with
all options there, not just a flag field, but also the possibility to save
different configurations: pd -preset 1 ? It's always possible to do
different .bat files, but it would maybe cleaner that way (?).

- as usual, I keep an updated 0.INTRO.txt file. I will try to update it to
pd-ext asap, and leave a copy on my pured.org page (might take a while)

- the following dlls from unauthorized couldn't be loaded: playlist,
sonogram~*, stk*~

- in /doc/4.audio are all available .pd files there? In my other version
they went to K06, here only to G09

- the following externals couldn't be found: bartlett~, blackman~,
connes~, cosine~, gaussian~, hanning~, hamming~, kaiser~, lanczos~,
welch~, bthresher~, buzz~, the fftease library for pd, cverb~, exp~ (from
gge?)

- is there any option to define the start position of the pd window?

Joao

--
Lugostr. 14
79100 Freiburg i. Br.