[PD] change to pd-ext

day 5 day5ive at gmail.com
Sun May 7 20:43:32 CEST 2006

now *these* are the kind of threads I like!

Frank's abstraction is quite useful in

[expr ($f1-$f2)*($f4-$f5)/($f2-$f3)+$f4]

I was happy to see this. It gives me more ways to think about this
problem.

Also possibly useful could be an even simpler equation to represent a
linear scaling operation

[expr ($f1*($f3-$f2)+$f2)]

where $f1 is your floating point input value in range 0-1, $f2 is the
intended MIN value and $f3 is the intended MAX value. I use this quite
frequently, although possibly less now that I see how Frank approaches
it ;)

./d5

ps. Pd patch version of the equation introduced in this mail.

#N canvas 751 398 387 168 10;
#X obj 97 74 expr ($f1*($f3-$f2)+$f2);
#X floatatom 97 39 5 0 0 0 - - -;
#X floatatom 177 39 5 0 0 0 - - -;