[PD] Yet another pd hacker

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Tue May 9 05:53:34 CEST 2006

Hi João,

Mind if I join your pd-list noobs introduction thread?
My name is Andy Farnell, comp and cog sci from the UK, postgrad
in DSP (analysis-synthesis), ex-BBC radio. Lots of languages and hardware design
experience too. I used to write music for TV, radio and film
and produced/programmed a few bands you might have in your collection.
Now I earn a crust as Unix system/site programmer.
Rather fallen in love with puredata and I'm using it as vehicle
to write a book I've been planning to do for about 10 years
"Practical synthetic sound design". Main platform Debian and Slack
on fanless mini-ITX hardware (excellent for sound studios imho
because you can actually hear what you're doing instead of a whirring
noise)

Current TODO/ambitions
Become a Jedi master of PureData
Finish the next album of my own Gnomadic stuff
Get my book published next year.
Drag the games industry screaming and kicking into the 21st century
by promoting efficient clientside synthesis in place of crappy samples.
Contribute somehow to Pd, Dyne:bolic and some other OSS projects through advocacy,
documentation and code.

stuff at http://obiwannabe.co.uk