[PD] strange command line error message

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue May 9 07:55:25 CEST 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:

> sh: line 1: /bin/lib/pd/bin/../bin/pd: No such file or directory

> Last time I compiled Pd I did the DesireData mod, and it took a while to
> figure out where it was in my path to clear it.  But...I don't know if I
> got rid of it all!  What can be done, without wiping my whole system?

This error message is so incredible that I hardly can believe neither
DesireData nor PureData produced it. I'd need some more info to figure it
out.

Use the "which pd" command to find out the full filename of "pd"; the rest
will follows from that file, so you should only have to deal with that
file.