[PD] osc objects

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon May 8 15:36:48 CEST 2006

On May 1, 2006, at 6:35 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> I have to say that I really think that tcp and udp objects should
>> be  bidirectional.  TCP and UDP sockets are, so the objects
>> should  represent that.  I've done quite a bit of network
>> programming with Pd  and I never use [netsend]/[netreceive].  I
>> always use [netserver]/ [netclient] because of the bidirectional
>> connection and the client  management of the [netserver].
>
> OK, it looks like basically the same modifications are needed to
> change [netserver] and [netclient] to byte mode from pd message
> mode as I did with [netsend] and [netreceive]. Will have a go.

Just out of curiousity, why do you use byte mode rather than message
mode?  Do you mean that you are sending one byte per packet?

What about just a [socket] object which could also do UNIX sockets,
or any other kind?  It would probably be more work, but worth it in
the long run.  Then [tcpsocket], etc. could be a Pd object.

.hc