[PD] pd~conf 2.0 (fwd)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue May 9 15:59:41 CEST 2006

I CC'ed the Pd list to keep everyone up to date.

Yeah, the wheels have started in NYC too, both in terms of space,
people and money lined up.  But there is no need for a competition.
We should just figure out which should happen first.

One thing that might be appealling about doing it in NYC in June 07
is that the NIME conference will happen in NYC June 7-10, 2007, so it
could be right before or after, and have some shared events.  But
beyond that, I guess Montreal has dibs.

.hc

On May 8, 2006, at 6:36 PM, darsha wrote:

> Hello there Hans-Christoph and all,
>
> The wheels are in fact in motion for the PD Conference.  We plan on
> holding it in September 2007.  I have set aside a bulk of time this
> summer and fall to devote to the development of the PD conference in
> Montreal.  A few key organizations have already expressed interest in
> taking part in the event including La fondation Daniel Langlois
> artengine and Videograph.  La fondation Daniel Langlois  is willing to
> take care of travel  and accommodation expenses for Miller.   I also
> believe that Miller had said he was wanting to propose a project to
> this organization(?).  Contact has also been made with Dr. Fuginawa
> from the music department at the University of McGill who would act as
> a supporter for us from the academic side.
>
> Within the next few weeks I will be able to get a clearer idea of the
> resources and venues  we will have at our disposal.  With high caliber
> new media arts organizations such as La SAT and Hexagram and the
> several artist run centres whom all have a vested interest in
> supporting PureData initiatives I am positive our resources and
> partnerships will be fruitful.
>
> We will be meeting this weekend for PD MTL (our monthly user group
> gathering) where planning for the conference will occur.
>
> Please stand by for exciting updates.
>

> Have a good one gentlemen!
>

> Darsha Hewitt
>
> on behalf of the 2007 PD Conference
> Organization Committee, MTL
>

> On 5/7/06, Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

____

"Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism."
                                     - retired U.S. Army general,
William Odom