[PD] memory with native objects

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Wed May 10 03:55:01 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 02:21:15PM -0700, shift8 wrote:
> there are a variety of ways to make storage in pd.  Frank's Memento
> system is the most used it seems, but i dont' remember if it uses all
> internal objects.  if you use a more generic storage like [textfile] you
> will get a lot more flexibility.

I am a huge fan of Frank's sssad system, which uses the list internal,
and textfile. If like me you are a 0.39-2 fanboy, then check it out;
his system requires only internal objects.

It's supposed to be in SF CVS here (but isn't, for the boring old reason):
<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/pure-data/abstractions/footils/>

It was posted to the announce list by Frank:
<http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-announce/2006-02/000874.html>
<http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-announce/attachments/20060218/6c4fb4b5/sssad-0.1.tgz>

I am mirroring a copy which integrates with my own system of
abstractions - the only thing changed is an abstraction called
sssad/panel:
<http://mccormick.cx/viewcvs/s-abstractions/sssad.tar.gz?view=tar>

Have a good time.

Best,