[PD] memory with native objects

patco megalegoland at yahoo.fr
Wed May 10 18:36:22 CEST 2006

hello,
  ssad is neat but if I close the patch without saving the values into a file, my values are lost, aren't they?

   a memory that needs a file, is like a musician that isn't able to play without
  score sheets,
   that not very rock'n'roll,
  scores are usefull for learning music or for playing a Boulez weird composition,
  or for playing a big symphony,
   but for simple melodies using scores in live performance can be annoying,
  I know it from experience.
   Using a text file for memorizing a few parameters can be annoying as well.

  Chris McCormick <chris at mccormick.cx> a écrit :  On Tue, May 09, 2006 at 02:21:15PM -0700, shift8 wrote:
> there are a variety of ways to make storage in pd.  Frank's Memento
> system is the most used it seems, but i dont' remember if it uses all
> internal objects.  if you use a more generic storage like [textfile] you
> will get a lot more flexibility.

I am a huge fan of Frank's sssad system, which uses the list internal,
and textfile. If like me you are a 0.39-2 fanboy, then check it out;
his system requires only internal objects.