[PD] GEM: pix_write on Windows, HELP!

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Thu May 11 23:44:18 CEST 2006

Hello,

Does pix_write work on Windows? Can someone provide me a working example? I
can get it to write a jpg or tif, but for some reason, all I ever get is
something that is solid black. The documention is poor for this object, but
I'm using settings like [pix_write 0 0 400 400] which gives me a 400x400
black square. I tried putting it in the chain like this:
[pix_image]
[pix_write]
[pix_texture]

and this:
[pix_image]
[pix_texture]
[pix_write]

This REALLY bugs me - I have to use an outboard screen capture to get GEM
images otherwise, which:
a) means I'd have to advance frame by frame and click each time to make a
movie and
b) means I have to open Gimp and crop out the GEM window borders for every
shot.

~David