[PD] memory with native objects

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri May 12 07:45:38 CEST 2006

Hallo,
patco hat gesagt: // patco wrote:

> Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> a écrit :
> patco hat gesagt: // patco wrote:
>   > You can just as well use a [textfile] without ever
> >touching the "file" functionality of it: Just use it as a container
> >for messages like you would use a message box. It's much easier to
> >work with the textfile, because you can rewind it, get messages one by
> >one etc. Attached is how this is done.
>
>   okay, that exactly like we can do with a message box
>    but it's more simple with a textfile, true,
>    but textfile needs an external file for keeping values.

I see this as an advantage in most situation, especially with
abstractions that want to save their state and that maybe want to save
different states per instance. Also with an external file you can use
the same patch for playing different pieces.
> >[list] equals [concat]
>
>   [concat] is concatenating two strings and [list] just puts them together
>
>   for exemple [air( and [line( into concat would give "airline"
>   and into list it would give "air line"
>   unless it's possible to remove simply the space between the two strings
>   I don't see how [list] would replace [concat]??

Oh, sorry, I thought concat was something else. Well, *that* concat
can be emulated by [list-l2s] from [list]-abs. Just pack both strings
into one list and send this through list-l2s

Ciao