[PD] pd~conf 2.0 (fwd)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun May 14 01:11:54 CEST 2006

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't realize that was touchy content.  I'll try to restrain myself
> in the future.

OTOH, no-one wrote a full-page warning either... and we didn't make you
sign a NDA ;-)

> The only thing that I can currently see as needed to be kept closed is
> the dealings with grant organizations because they are so political.

That's the information that we didn't want to diffuse so much, especially
until it is 100% confirmed.

> The art world is basically all backroom deals and nepotism in the worst
> way, and the academic world is often that way too.

Propagating that kind of idea is yet one more hurdle to those art
organisations who try to be fair?

> I think that this only hinders the progress of knowledge and art, so I
> hope to circumscribe it as much as possible.

Circumscribe and/or circumvent? =)