[PD] tcpserver and tcpclient

Jamie Bullock jamie at postlude.co.uk
Sun May 14 18:11:21 CEST 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006 19:00:06 -0400 (EDT)
Mathieu Bouchard <matju at artengine.ca> wrote:

<snip>

> What would be the name of a unix-socket version? [unix] seems too vague.
> [pipe] is already taken. [namedpipe] and [localsocket] could be fine.
> However, putting "socket" in the name is contrary to the naming of [tcp]
> and [udp]. OTOH, I don't care much for making those names three letters
> long, because they aren't used often enough. (it's not like [t] or [f])

How about having a socket class, where the subclass is defined by the first argument like this [socket unix], [socket tcp] [socket udp] etc?

I haven't looked at Martin's code yet, so this may be inappropriate, but I thought it might be worth suggesting..

Jamie