[PD] Matrix in pd

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 16 11:56:46 CEST 2006

lucaturchet1982 at libero.it wrote:

> Are there some pd-libraries that implements matrix objects?

so you found them already...

> Where can I found it? Are they efficient?

iemmatrix is not written to be especially efficient. i am sure most
things could be done in a more efficient way (however i tried to choose
efficient algorithms rather than efficient implementations)

> In fact I need to do multiplications in real-time
> and the efficience of calcoulation is a strict requirement

personally i believe than an implementation need not be "efficient" per
se, just "efficient enough" so that it can run on your target system.

i have never really had any problems (but i used some "tricks" (actually
  it was just decoupling calculations with [del]) in the days of
P3-800MHz machines in order to distribute the message load a bit over time)

> (In particular I have to multiplicate inputs for a matrix in order to obtain outputs that are parameters of input for a sound synthetizer...).

i don't see any particular strict requirement for efficiency in here.
what sizes of matrices do you expect? 1000x1000 or just 30x26?
which calculations do you need? just multiplication of eigenvalue
decomposition (not that this was implemented)?

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes