[PD] non-interpolating [vd~]

Paris Treantafeles paris at parisgraphics.com
Tue May 16 18:46:01 CEST 2006

Hi Kyle,

I do this quite often in a live setting - something like this -
others may have better ideas...

1. have main patch at pd's default block size that takes audio in.
there you can do all of your audio fun stuff, bonk~, fiddle~, etc..
i generally take the audio and filter it into low, bp and hi as well.

2. send whatever you want from (1) (e.g. your hi, med and low audio)
to an abstraction containing pix_sig2pix~
with block~ size 4096 or whatever - higher depending on what you want
to do.
In this patch you can apply all kind of pix_something objects to make
it more interesting as well.

3. send gem a fullscreen message and that's it! (well, svideo-
 >projector, etc)

There's a ton of variations on all of this and it's fun to try
different audio processing on the input signals and toggle what you
send to gem patch.

There's also scopeXYZ~ if you want to do some more oscillographic
visualization.
It does Lissajous curves :-)

Best,