[PD] division with remainder

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Wed May 17 14:29:23 CEST 2006

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On May 15, 2006, at 5:21 PM, Sciss wrote:
> > however changing the existing object is not a good idea, it will
> > certainly be not backward compatible.

Yes, might be true. Thats why I asked how many people are using mod
in order to do the operation and truncate the result.
Personally I never used it that way.

man fmod:

DESCRIPTION
       The  fmod()  function  computes  the remainder of dividing x by y.
       The return value is x - n * y, where n is the quotient of x  /  y,
       rounded towards zero to an integer.

Günter