[PD] bang anything

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri May 19 17:48:39 CEST 2006

On Fri, 19 May 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> On May 19, 2006, at 8:10 AM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 May 2006, Sciss wrote:
> > > is this is bug or in some way logic : sending a bang into [t a] outputs a
> > > zero ?
> > It depends on who you ask. I've called it a bug for three or four years.
> > One year ago Miller finally said that he would change it so that banging
> > [t a] outputs a bang. I haven't seen any version of Pd doing that, ever.
> Submit a patch, and it will be far more likely to be fixed sooner.

Actually, it's been fixed in 0.39 and I didn't remember, but now I do: I'm
just *so* trained to never send a bang to a [t a], it's crazy... and also
there's a good reason why I still can't rely on that: it's just that so
many people still use 0.38 and even 0.37, that I need to wait until I stop
supporting those versions.

> quit your whining

quit your "quit your whining" whining