[PD] Gem : many files with [pix_film], sync, etc.

Thomas Ouellet Fredericks iamonthebeach at gmail.com
Fri May 19 22:41:15 CEST 2006

"v33.readvf is based on
the frame rate for its playback speed."
Actually, I think (not sure... I can't check as I stored it somewhere) it is
based on Gem's framerate. You could just forget about the framerate, stop
the videos and increment the video frame manually depending on the master
clock (more cpu, but better results).

"I was wondering if you used dynamic
patching in this abstraction because opening many films with the same
instance of pix_film caused you some troubles ?"
Yes, on XP. Have not checked if XP still has problems.

"Is it to avoid the
time it takes to load a film, or because it is unstable ?"
I always use this technique because I hate loading times. I also preload all
my audiofiles.

Ok, found my last version of v33.readvf. I made a patch with two synched
videos. You can enven adapt the master to handle network lag. Get it at:
http://mrtof.danslchamp.org/pd/synchedvideo.zip
I simulated the UDP connection with a "send".

Tom