[PD] Standalone app, ID3 tagging, classification.

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon May 22 15:09:58 CEST 2006

Hallo David,
David Plans Casal hat gesagt: // David Plans Casal wrote:
> Indeed, I'm hoping to implement a quick and dirty bpm detect, then
> play more with amplitude.

I just saw an annoucement on LAD for this:
http://aubio.piem.org/

What is aubio ?

aubio is a library for audio labelling. Its features include
segmenting a sound file before each of its attacks, performing pitch
detection, tapping the beat and producing midi streams from live
audio. The name aubio comes from 'audio' with a typo: several
transcription errors are likely to be found in the results too.

The aim of this project is to provide these automatic labelling
features to other audio softwares. Functions can be used offline in
sound editors and software samplers, or online in audio effects and
virtual instruments.

Interesting news bit: It includes a Pd external!

Ciao