[PD] [comport] changes

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed May 24 12:33:16 CEST 2006

On May 24, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Piotr Majdak wrote:

> Hi hc,
>
> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Just an FYI: I have been working on [comport].  I added Piotr
>> Majdak's Windows improvements and that's working well.  Plus I
>> made  the port device name generation dynamic.  On Windows, its
>> just "COM"  plus the device #, on UNIX platforms, its a glob
>> pattern, so it  numbers them based on which are available.  Also,
>> the [devicename ( message now directly opens the port rather than
>> setting a port # to  that device name.
>
> Thanks for the improvements! Do I find the new source codes at
> sourceforge?

Yup, they are in CVS, and will be in the next test release of Pd-
extended.

____

"I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have
three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their
minds, and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits."
                                             - Martin Luther King, Jr.