[PD] Help with Bang question?

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed May 24 21:27:12 CEST 2006

Try these setups.

I've had to deal with this a few times.  I work on Windows XP at home,
and OSX at school, and I can't change the options on the school's
computers.  I had to use the [operating_system] object to tell my
program which keystroke-reading function to use.
My problem had to do with wanting to use Control-keystrokes, so it had
to only output a bang when both keys were pressed.  I think your
dilemma is simpler.

One thing I noticed- I don't remember which operating system it was-
was that sometimes a key-press and key-up on the same key returned
different names with [keyname].  Also, one of the shift or alt keys
said R when it meant L or vice versa.  So you might run into a few
bugs with stuff like that.

-Chuckk