[PD] Help with Bang question?

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed May 24 21:29:14 CEST 2006

I forgot to mention, you'll have to change the outlets in my patch to
whatever you are using, [print] or whatever.  I didn't want to set
them all to print, or it would start the messages as soon as you
opened it.

On 5/24/06, Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Try these setups.
>
> I've had to deal with this a few times.  I work on Windows XP at home,
> and OSX at school, and I can't change the options on the school's
> computers.  I had to use the [operating_system] object to tell my
> program which keystroke-reading function to use.
> My problem had to do with wanting to use Control-keystrokes, so it had
> to only output a bang when both keys were pressed.  I think your
> dilemma is simpler.
>
> One thing I noticed- I don't remember which operating system it was-
> was that sometimes a key-press and key-up on the same key returned
> different names with [keyname].  Also, one of the shift or alt keys
> said R when it meant L or vice versa.  So you might run into a few
> bugs with stuff like that.
>
> -Chuckk
>
> On 5/24/06, Carlos Caires <ccaires at porto.ucp.pt> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there any method to receive a "bang" ONLY when I start or finishes
> > pressing a key on the keyboard? (and not in-between)
> >
> > In attach, the patch for better understanding.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Carlos Caires

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt