[Pd] Batch Recorder

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Thu May 25 11:18:11 CEST 2006

For transfering cassette tape to audio files.  Would also work for
vinyl, I guess.
The only reason I made this was so I could press play on the tape deck
and leave, and it will automatically start new files between tracks
and stop at the end.
Because of the select object's dual purpose, as of now this will make
an extra empty file at the end.  I'm not sure why, but it also started
a file and never stopped it when I used it, I ended up with a 3.4 GB
wav file... so that's kind of questionable.
It also might make a few empty files at the beginning, depending how
much silence is at the beginning of the tape.  The values will
probably need tweaked depending on the tape.

The alternative I thought of was to have it automatically switch
between [writesf~]s every 5 minutes, overlapping by like 5 seconds so
I could line up the samples later and divide it into tracks manually.
That way there'd be no chance of missing the very beginning of a tune
if it starts while Pd is preparing the next file.  Come to think of it
a simple 5-minute timer would be much simpler than this. :-/

At any rate, I can't imagine trying to do this with a commercial
recording program.

-Chuckk

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."