[Pd] drawing a circle with data structures

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu May 25 13:39:02 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Anyways I attached a circle which is ripped from Miller's scaling
> example. In its current form it uses features only available in
> pd-0.39, however the basic approach works for older Pds as well. You
> just draw a stopping sign, then let the curves of
> drawcurve/filledcurve transform it into (almost?) a circle.

I forgot to add: The numberbox labelled "radius" is not used to input
the actual radius although with a different scaling it can be made
to do so.

For simplicity it is scaled by cos(360°/16) which is about 0.92, and
sin(360°/16) (about 0.38), which explains the 38 and 92 inside the
data structure definition.

Ciao