[PD] Re: [PD-announce] PWM in Pd

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu May 25 14:59:27 CEST 2006

Hallo,

> On May 25, 2006, at 12:22 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >There also is a PWM in the docs, which doesn't need any externals:
>
> I should mention then that these objects are written in Pd, and only
> rely on some purepd objects, which are also written in Pd.

Except one external from zexy. ;)

> >3.audio.examples/K01.pulse.width.mod.pd
>
> Unfortunately, this patch is missing from CVS, so it doesn't make it
> into Pd-extended.  But in any case, this is the PWM knowledge wrapped
> up into a easy to use form.

Sorry, I think it's called 3.audio.examples/J03.pulse.width.mod.pd
now, but for years it was called 3.audio.examples/22.pulse.width.mod.pd
and for some time 3.audio.examples/E05.pulse.width.mod.pd as well. ;)

It's just substracting two [phasor~]'s with slightly different
frequencies, which is equivalent to PWM.

Ciao