[PD] Fwd: hid and pure data

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat May 27 10:50:59 CEST 2006

Hey,

Let's keep this on the Pd list since there other people can also
answer these questions, and others might be interested in the thread,
too

On May 26, 2006, at 10:29 PM, Kasper Jordaens wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Ive been trying your HID object all evening, and I was delighted to
> get some output finally. but mostly I just get:
>
> error: inlet: expected '' but got 'list'

Sounds like the [prepend] wasn't loaded, if you are talking about the
help patch.  You can delete it, its just for show.

> namely when I try to use my mouse or the analog controls of my joypad.
> Is there anyway I can use the analog controls (I'd really like to use
> those) in my patches? or isn't unified HID intended for that? Analog
> would be great because I would be able to set sliders from -128 to
> +128 horizontal and vertical!

Look at the help patch, analog values come out at the bottom left.
They output data from 0 to 1, scale it to whatever range you want.

> I'm on gentooPPC on a 12" powerbook, I compiled pd and HID from the
> latest sources available, I also tried your binary file.
>
> whenever I push "print" in one of  the patches that come with HID,
> pd segfaults.

Sorry, known bug, I am working on it now.

.hc

> anyway I'd think this one was missing for PD and thank you for
> making it.
>

> Sincerely Kasper

____

scarcity."