[PD] Re: [PD-announce] Pd compiled for imac

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun May 28 00:05:12 CEST 2006

I am guessing that you mean x86 Mac OS X when you say iMac.  If so,
then actually, all of Apple's new computers will be x86 based, not
just the iMac.  I personally don't see any benefit to having
different file extensions for different platforms.  .so and .a are
cross-platform and cross-architecture, for example.  .dll and .dylib
are OS-specific, but not architecture specific.

I think something like .pdclass for all platforms would work best.
Or maybe just use platform-native for each platform, like Thomas
suggested:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2006-01/005720.html

.hc