[PD] "OuterSpace" - an ambient sound generator for PD

alberto.zin at poste.it alberto.zin at poste.it
Mon May 29 14:32:22 CEST 2006

Hi all,

after few months of "spare time" development, I'd like to
share with you my first project in PD, which I
called "OuterSpace".

OuterSpace (OS) is an ambient sound instrument for PD
capable of generating "natural" sounds like water, wind,
fire, chimes and other unusual sounds. It is based on
white noise filtered by a bank of 128 (!) bp~ filters,
spread across the audio spectrum.
The output of each voice (filter) is mixed and
reverberated. OuterSpace comes with a GUI made in GriPd
and a plain PD gui. OS has save, load, randomize preset
capabilities. The idea is very similar to SpaceDrone
Reaktor instrument, if you know it.

I'd be glad if you'd like to try it, any feedback is ->
very <- welcome, so I can move it to v1.0 :-).
OS was developed and tested under Windows and Linux
(except the GriPD GUI in Linux, which I'm not able to run
yet!), but should (hopefully) work on Mac too. OS is GPL'd.

Download it at:

https://puredata.info/Members/AlbertoZ

under the download section, together with the pdf and ps
docs. An mp3 sample is also there.

All the best,

Alberto Zin