[PD] arduino-help.me.please.pd [gadlletas]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue May 30 11:09:01 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> I guess (without looking), that somewhere in [comport] this
> information is discarded.  Probably it shouldn't be discarded, if
> you want a timing resolution better than 64 samples.

I now had a quick look at comport.c and it already is using clocks for
reading from the comport, but just writes to the port whenever
messages come in, which is quantized to one block. So you'll get
jitter. I think, introducing an unquantized timing similar to how
vline~ in d_ctl.c handles it (by using "x->x_referencetime =
clock_getlogicaltime();" and then working with "timenow =
clock_gettimesince(x->x_referencetime);") could get rid of the jitter.
It wouldn't be necessary to make a signal object [comport~].

At least that's what I believe: This clock stuff is quite confusing.

Ciao