[PD] msg->patch new features: all menus?

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue May 30 20:09:14 CEST 2006

Hi,

I wanted to plea to increase the possibilities of tcl-tk control with
messages. I am working on something with data structures, where a dynamic
scaling factor would be really helpful. If a "properties f f 0/1 f f f f f
f f f" message would be possible to send to a patch, that would really be
a gain (in this particular case only the first two fields would be needed).

But this is actually something very general that is missing in pd. I'm
sure it's not hard to change the tcl-tk code to include the missing
commands (if someone tells me how to do it I could try), and they would
really allow people to go to another level in their patch design,
specially with automation - in both normal GUI design and specially in
with data structures. It's a pity to see all those still unpossible
commands in the pd-msg patches.

João Miguel Pais

--
Lugostr. 14