[PD] length of [list] and how to pipe a [list]

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed May 31 09:32:50 CEST 2006

Hallo,
sven hat gesagt: // sven wrote:

> think this came up here already but can't manage
> to find it in the archive.
> so how do I get the length of a [list]?

Check [list-len] in the [list]-abs collection for a pure Pd example,
or use [length] from zexy.

> and how can I [pipe] a [list] of arbitrary length?

[pipe] cannot delay variable length lists. [qlist] can.

Or you can for example concat the list into a single symbol and
un-concat it later, you can try to use pointers instead of list -
[pipe] can delay pointers - or you can build something similar to pipe
on your own using [del] and [list] etc.

Ciao