[PD] Can't even get started

João Miguel Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 2 12:56:27 CEST 2006

click on the message, if you want something to happen. watch the pd
window. (the console that opens up with the program)

other suggestions:

- right-click all objects, and watch the help patches

- use the help -> browser to check out pd's subfolders. lot's of info and
goodies there

- go to www.puredata.org and have a look at tutorials, etc. etc. get
involved in the pd world

Am 02.06.2006, 12:36 Uhr, schrieb D J <dj.precario at gmail.com>:

> Dear List,
>
> as a complete newbie, I am trying to take my first steps in PD. I have
> downloaded and installed it. Testtone.pd works fine.
>
> Then I've decided to run my HelloWorld. I've connected a HelloWorld
> message
> to a print object, and.... what happens next? Is there such a thing as
> "run"? Sorry for the naive sounding question, but I just don't see it do
> anything, so I think I'm missing the obvious, and I haven't found help
> for
> something as basic as this.
>
> Thank you for helping

Lugostr. 14