[PD] Dual-head video

mm _ at whats-your.name
Sat Jun 3 17:03:47 CEST 2006

On Sat Jun 03, 2006 at 07:36:52AM -0700, Frank Ekeberg H. wrote:
> I am setting up a Linux system for playback of two full-screen (1024x768) videos + 4-channel audio. My good old Matrox G400 doesn't seem to be
> able to handle the video output, and I need a replacement. I need a card that can easily be connected to the D-SUBs on the projectors. Does anyone
> have a recommendation?

any recent cheapo nvidia (so long as it has dedicated RAM) with their proprietary driver is proably the best bet in terms of reliable/low-cpu. does intel even make video cards? does anyone make cards with bnc connectors that arent $3499? might want to search newegg...

> I have made a PD/GEM patch for playback, but since I am not doing any processing I am open for suggestions for playback software with less
> overhead.

mplayer -loop 0 -fs -xineramascreen 0 v1.avi
mplayer -loop 0 -fs -xineramascreen 1 v2.avi ?