[PD] shortcuts for patching

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Jun 3 17:13:37 CEST 2006

I just saw this video, which might have been posted here before, it
shows a bunch of layout shortcuts for Max/MSP.  I think that there is
a lot that could be done to make patching much quicker and easier.

http://www.studioimaginaire.com/nat/maxtoolbox/box2.mov

I had one thought, which is making a snap-to-grid function when
editing.  Maybe graphical editors have this, I think it would work
well for Pd.  Ideally, it would be resizable and togglable via a
preference, or even better, via Pd messages.

One thing that I think would help a lot is making it so you could
click and release an outlet, then click an inlet to make the
connection, instead of having to drag.  Any other ideas?

____

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and
during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man
for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.
                                             - General Smedley Butler