[PD] Re: OT- FFT and human auditory cortex (Chuckk Hubbard)

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 22:49:45 CEST 2006

Hi, Julian,

I started playing with the sensory dissonance curves patch, and I
modified it to plot the one octave dissonance graph for up to 6
frequencies.  The important part of doing this, in particular, is to
look at how the spectrum of the instrument influences the set of
intervals in a tuning over which the instrument is most consonant.
See William Sethares' Tuning Timbre Spectrum Scale for details....and
maybe some revisions on my approach here.

-- Chuck