[PD] trouble with data structures

Julian Peterson julianpeterson at mac.com
Mon Jun 5 15:22:55 CEST 2006

I'm writing my first piece that will take advantage of data structures
in PD, and I've stumbled upon an error that I do not understand.

I have two structures drawn in the same subpatch.  One is a sequence of
notes, the other is a playhead.  The sequencer was working fine until I
added the playhead.  Now whenever I try to get data from the sequencer
(getsize, get) I receive the following error:

error: getsize pd-instr1: got wrong template (pd-playhead)

My patch is attached below.  Is it not possible (or not advisable) for
two structures to draw to the same subpatch?

(The csoundapi~ object is used to generate the sound for this patch, but
is unnecessary for duplicating the issue...)

Thanks in advance for any advice...
Julian Peterson