[PD] (laptop) graphics hardware for GEM

thewade pdman at aproximation.org
Tue Jun 6 06:48:44 CEST 2006

Quoting Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org>:

> Hallo,
> Urs Liska hat gesagt: // Urs Liska wrote:
>
>> Sorry for my ignorance: What do you mean by 'Intel machine'? A machine
>> with an onboard Intel graphics chip?
>
> Yes, an Intel laptop with an Intel gfx chip. ("Centrino")

I thought that "centrino" reffered to the level of on-chip processor
cache, and that is why centrino chips are cheaper then the other intel
processors. As far as I know centrino machines include a high level of
wireless integrateion and low power applications like laptop usage. I
don't know that centrino means a certain graphics chipset, does it?
http://www.intel.com/products/centrino/
Please correct me if I am wrong, as I often am. :D

As far as graphics go, I am using an AMD64 laptop (in 32-bit mode
because I think PD's tables still don't work in 64-bit mode) with an
ATI 9600 M10 graphics chip. Fedora Core 5's Xorg recognized my chip (I
think using the R350 driver which is probably an eveolution of the
r300 driver which is still listed on sourceforge)

If you can send me a benchmark I will run it and let you know the results.

-thewade