[PD] CPS vs PD - experiences?

ciccolix ciccolix at tiscalinet.it
Wed Jun 7 10:41:33 CEST 2006

Damian Stewart ha scritto:
> i'm developing an installation for a public-access augmented table
> educational interface. i'd like to use pd bu i'm not sure about its
> long-term stability.
>
> previously the place i'm working has used cps
> (http://cps.bonneville.nl/) - i'm wondering, has anyone here had any
> experiences with cps? could they recommend it/or not?

I have used CPS for some years, I have mainly used it in conjunction
with macromedia director (because CPS has a nice and simple xtra for
director).

PD is free software.
More that one persons contribute to the development of PD and
many persons use it (and therefore they test it).
The aid that this mailing list (above all from part of most expert,
please dont ask anithing to me :) ) can gives to you in order to resolve
some problems is a lot important.
The number of the extra modules (external or abstractions) freely
available is truly impressive.
The possibility to make to interact the sound with the video and the 3D
(with some big library as pdp, pidip, gem, gridflow etc.) make of PD a
extremely comfortable envirrument in order to develop your creativity.

bye
--
Lazzaro