[PD] can't access cvs any more

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 8 20:23:04 CEST 2006

Ed Kelly wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I tried today to get the latest externals from cvs. I
> tried hitting return at the password prompt, and I
> tried the password anonymous, both times the
> connection was refused. Does anyone know why? or what
> the password should be?
>
> Mac OX 10.3
> export CVS_RSH=ssh
> cvs
> -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/pure-data
> login
>
> that's as far as I got!

yes, the anonymous login to letter "p" (among others) is done again.
are you not a member of the sourceforge project? if so, i would suggest
using you account and the "ext" method instead of "pserver"

in the meantime you can use the CVS-mirror at puredata.info (pserver only)

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.puredata.info:/cvsroot/pure-data login
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.puredata.info:/cvsroot/pure-data co pd

note: this is not an "official" service (i don't guarantee that it will
stay online 24/7/365)
the mirror is currently done each hour via rsync from developer-cvs @
sourceforge

tell me if there are any problems (like: cvs.puredata.info used to point
to cvs.sourceforge.net; i just changed it, so you might have to wait
till all dns-caches are expired)

mfg.asdr.
IOhannes