[PD] tcp connection and raw data

martinrp at alcor.concordia.ca martinrp at alcor.concordia.ca
Sat Jun 10 01:10:12 CEST 2006

Quoting Federico <xaero at inwind.it>:

> hello list,
>
> I have a I/O device that comunicates with a PC via a TCP connection over
> ethernet.
> I would like to use puredata to control it, but I need to send raw
> bytes, and parse responses.
>
> for example, a typical init sequence would be:
> 0xF0 0xF0 0xF0 0x00 0x02 0x00 ....
>
> it is possible to do this with pure-data native objects?
> or externals?

You could use one or more of tcpsend, tcpreceive, tcpserver or tcpclient at:
http://pure-data.iem.at/Members/martinrp/netobjects
They work the same way as netsend/netreceive and netclient/netserver but use
lists of bytes as data, so you could make a message like
[send 240 240 240 0 2 0( to send your init sequence.

Martin