[PD] Pitch shifting [noise~]

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Jun 12 13:46:40 CEST 2006

Peter Forde wrote:
> The noise object seems to just outpu a whire noise that is very
> difficult to play with. Does anyone know how to pitch shift this wiith a
> number variable? I'd love if if could be changed similar to the [osc~]
> Thanks

as for why you cannot "detune" white noise, see the other mails.
if filtering the noise with [lp~] and the like is too much of a hassle
for you, you might want to use [pink~] (iemlib) which produces pink
noise (again, you cannot directly "pitch shift" it, since there is a
non-pitched definition of what pink noise should be) and
[noish~]/[noisi~] (zexy), which produce band limited noises.

if you want pitched noise, consider multiplying a bandlimited noise with
an [osc~] with a changeable frequency.

fga.sdr.
IOhannes