[PD] creb:dtw~

raul diaz raul.lete at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:19:54 CEST 2006

Hallo Gerda!
Hi list!

I'm not the best person to help you because i'm not a pd expert, but i'm
working with this dwt~ external nowadays at iem.

>And what is meant by the message that contains predict and update, I
>know that with these parameters you get a haar wavelet, but what means
>predict and update which is also written as a console output (dwt:
>predict: [ -0.000120 .....update: [ -0.000060 )?

Predict and update mask are related with the filter coefficients of discrete
wavelet tramsfrom, and you can specify the predict and update mask that you
want to use in order to work with different kinds of wavelets (haar,
interpolated of order n, ...).
Anyway, this external (dwt~) is based in lifting scheme, so you can take a
look to this papers writed by Wim Sweldens to understand it better:

- http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/wim/papers/factor/index.html
- http://www.multires.caltech.edu/teaching/courses/waveletcourse/athome.pdf

More information about wavelets and lifting scheme is available in:

- http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/wim/
- http://www.multires.caltech.edu/teaching/courses/waveletcourse/

Tom Schouten have written this external, so he's the best person to help
you.
I would like to receive more information about how this external works and
about how to manipulate its output. So, please Tom, can you put more
information about this external in this list?

Best regards,

Raul.

Raul Diaz Poblete