[PD] Pitch shifting [noise~]

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Tue Jun 13 02:12:04 CEST 2006

Hi Damian,

Damian Stewart wrote:
> by default lp~ and hp~ have very gentle cutoff curves. what should i use
> to get a nice sharp(er) cutoff point? i'd love to be able to mimic the
> ableton live eq4 object if i could, it's the biggest thing i miss in pd.

I used the [highpass], [bandpass] and [lowpass] objects from the GGEE
library to generate the filter coefficients for a series of raw
[biquad~] objects in order to make a "DJ filter" a while back, and was
fairly pleased with the results:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-list/2005-10/031738.html

You can get a sharper cutoff by stacking these filters, the normal
[lp~], [bp~], [hp~] or any other sets of filters together in series.
Thus, a "3 pole filter" might be something like this (somebody stop me
if I oversimplify, I'm no mathematician!):

[lp~ 60]

[lp~ 60]

[lp~ 60]

etc etc etc.