[PD] [PD-announce] more objects: passwd utils

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Tue Jun 13 12:37:22 CEST 2006

Le 12 Juin 2006 16:55, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> Call me crazy, but I just made some objects so that you can get the
> info from /etc/passwd and /etc/group, and convert between UIDs/GIDs
> and usernames/groupnames.  Its part of my effort to provide as many
> low level primitives within Pd as possible.  Or really, its make a
> libc interface for Pd.

Hans, why are you crazy about low level primitives? ;-) Why not promoting
the use of the shell or the python externals to interact with the system?
I'm not against your idea (maybe I don't understand it), but is it worth
it? I'd rather use common Unix scripting commands than depend on more pd
externals (and more help patches).
--
Marc