[PD] which sound card to buy?

Julian Villegas julovi at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 14:49:36 CEST 2006

Hi list,
I give up trying to reduce the latency of the edirol ua-101 and I'm planning to buy a new card. I've read the posts about the Hammerfall Light, but I was thinking in something with analog inputs and outputs included, like the RME - FIREFACE 400... I'd like to know if someone has comments about it, specially about latency in a WinXP box. As many suggested before, yes I should change to Linux, but it's too late now for many reasons that I won't bother you with.

Thanks in advance!

Julian Villegas

University of Aizu
Synthetic Worlds Laboratory