[PD] [PD-announce] more objects: passwd utils

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Tue Jun 13 22:29:46 CEST 2006

Le 13 Juin 2006 15:58, Piotr Majdak a écrit :
> Marc Lavallée wrote:
> > Well, Windows is not an operating system, it's a gigantic kludge to
> > secure a monopolistic empire. PD works better on Gnu/Linux (and
> > probably OSX), so the more you give to Windows users, the longer they
> > will be stucked using it.
>
> <sarcasm>
> Yes, you're on the right way - start another flame war, we really need
> it here...
> </sarcasm>
>
> I can't speak for the rest - but I prefer constructive constributions
> here. Your opinion about different OSs doesn't contribute to this thread
> in any way...

To me, suggesting people to stop using Windows and use a free OS will always
be a very constructive contribution. My intention is not to start a flame
war, because we are free to use a proprietary OS, and its always possible
to switch. My constructive contributions sometimes involve programming
software for Windows, but rarely, only for money, and when the application
is completely OS agnostic. Even if PD work on Windows, I prefer to use this
free software on a free OS for various practical and ethical reasons.

my other 2 cents.
--
Marc