[PD] pdp on mac OSX 4.6

xname at scii.nl xname at scii.nl
Tue Jun 13 22:15:03 CEST 2006

dears,
i am using pd -pdp - pidip since a couple of years, both on macosx and
gentoo ppc.

lately i had to change my hard drive, so it happened to me to install
the newest version of osx (before i was using panter, osx 3).

instead of X11, i installed xfree from the darwin port.

then i started to struggle around pure data.
i tried pd-extended 0.38,
the pdp is not working, it doesn't find the quicktime library.

so i went back to the version i was using before, i installed everything
following mas o meno sara kolster instructions that you can find here:
http://www.umatic.nl/pdp_install.html

plus some more documentation on line and yves installation notes for
macosx.

after that, i installed the X11 apple package.

now, if i start pd, and even if i do not try to load the pdp libraries,
pd crashes and i get the following error:

tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/pdp.pd_darwin and succeeded
dyld: NSLinkModule() error
dyld: Symbol not found: _gluOrtho2D
  Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/pdp.pd_darwin
    Expected in: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.1.dylib

    pd_gui: pd process exited
    /Applications/Pd.command: line 3:  6748 Trace/BPT trap
    /usr/local/bin/pd -rt
    logout
    [Process completed]

 so i disinstalled xfree, and reinstalled X11 from the apple package.
 but the error is still there.

 yves told me it should be a problem with the x server,
 rama told me i should find a command for apple to analizeand  find symbols,

 i am asking the list if is there anyone who installed pdp on macosx 4,
 and who has it working, which means not only that the library is
 loaded, but also that you can actually play videos so the xserver
 works.

 at the same time i would like to know if anyone knows this error
 (i found something already in the lists archive, but it is still not
 very clear to me what to do)

 dyld: Symbol not found: _gluOrtho2D

 thanks in advance for your help,
 looking forward to get in touch with other pd-pdp/macosx users
 (there are not many or i do not know them)

love

xname.