Fwd: [PD] how to trigger bang's with a period less than 1 milisecond

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Jun 14 13:00:37 CEST 2006

sokratesla wrote:

> # I'm attaching a patch, in which you can send messages to a metro
> object. Metro is used to trigger the vline~ object in order to produce a
> linear ramp in given period. The same period, is turned to frequency and
> send to a phasor~, which also produces a linear ramp, and both of them
> are plotted. (but I can not succeed to hold them in phase, when you
> change the period their phase differences changes)
> # So, when the period is less then 1 miliseconds, metro continues to
> send bang with a period of 1 ms.

hmm, but why don't you use [vline~] (probably a 2nd instance with
different messages) to control the [phasor~]?
if you need sample accurate synching, then signals are usually the way
to go.
[vline~] is special, as it allows to use messages with higher
granularity then the dsp-tick, but it is special and most other objects
are not.

i always thought it a pity that the difference between messages and
signals has become so blurred with the advent of ~-objects accepting
numbers "as signals" -- just try to send a number to the freq-input of
[phasor¨] in pd-0.25 .....

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes