[PD] netreceive and port forwarding

Andrea Fiore a.flow at tiscali.it
Wed Jun 14 18:15:20 CEST 2006

Hi all,

PD+ssh PROBLEM:

I am trying to send open a socket with PD from a python script that uses
the module pdsend.py and that is hosted on a remote server.
I access the remote server and launch the script using an ssh connection
(ssh client version is OpenSSH_4.3p2, OpenSSL 0.9.7i 14 Oct 2005). The
problem is that I am in a situation that or I am not able to create the
*netreceive* object after I opened the connection with that localhost
port forwarded, or I am not able to forward the localhost port via ssh
if the object already exists and is allready listening on that port.

I have to say that I am not really familiar port forwarding so probably
I am not using ssh prorply

example 1:
# ssh remote_S with forwared port 3000 on the local machine and
# port 8888 on the remote machine. -g allows to forward from the
# ssh server to the ssh client

$ssh -g -L3000:localhost:8888 andrea at remote_S

#from pd
"netreceive 3000"
... couldn't create

example2
# on PD
netreceive 3000 #created
$ssh -g -L3000:localhost:8888 andrea at remote_S
channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 3000
Could not request local forwarding.

I also tried other solutions like the amazing iemxmlrpc object...
Anyway, they are also based on sockets, so I experienced the same problems!

Thank you in advance,
Andrea